We had a great night at our Under the Stars Dance. We didn’t let some drizzle halt our fun! Thanks to Ms DeAngelo, Ms Beal, Mr King, Mr Retucci, Mr Scearce and NJHS for decorating and organizing a great evening of our students! It was great to see so many come out and enjoy!
Special thanks to our 6th grade teachers as they planned a great evening for our feeder 5th grade teachers. Tuesday evening was a fun, informative and relationship building evening. This was the first of several nights wherein we will work on developing and sharing strategies that will help our 5th grade students bring some of the impactful strategies they have been learning. Student success is our primary goal and working together is how we get it done.
Congrats to Mr Brothers and Ms DeAngelo for their achievement and recognition at the BT Ceremony at the Wallace Foundation.
It was a great week for sports at West! Our Baseball team won their regular season and were tournament runner ups while our Volleyball team won the regular season and the tournament! We are proud of both! Remember to congratulate these players when you see them.
What a great way to get our kids motivated and smiling going into EOGs. Its so easy to take a grim attitude into testing and I’m very thankful for the teachers who participated and were good sports throughout! It was a wonderful event from beginning to end – from the speaker to the dismissal and that was all due to some great planning [Thanks Ms DeAngelo and NJHS!]
Wednesday, May 25
- ELA EOG – Details and schedules to come
Thursday, May 26
- Happy Birthday Ms Kalinowski
- Math EOG – Details and schedules to come
- Becoming Innovative: 15 New Ideas Every Teacher Should Try
- Here Is A Superb New Google App for Science Teachers
- Some Handy Resources to Help You Make The Best of LEGO Games in Your Instruction
- 5 Strategies for Teaching Project Based Learning · TeacherCast Educational Broadcasting NetworkbyPatrick Cole
- I Quit | Dwight Carter – This is a must see. Great piece to reflect on, start a conversation