- Don’t forget to add your security questions and change your email passwords. The directions were sent to you through email and are posted in schoology in the tech folder.
- We have decided to make the back room of the library a makerspace area! I have asked the students the types of things they would like to have in the area and I would like to know what your thoughts are. If you could take a moment and list a few items you would like in the makerspace area I would greatly appreciate it! http://goo.gl/forms/6VprWN8WP6 The sky is the limit so dream big 🙂
- There is a Teacher-to-Teacher Conference scheduled at UNCC on March 8 from 9:00-4:00 pm. More information is attached in this flyer. Information Flyer
- I hope you had a great visit and small group discussion at the Blended Learning PD. Our group discussed that blended learning is a next, needed step in our effort and journey to change teaching and learning. This is a first dive into a needed change.
If you want a little more information on what a makerspace is and how it can impact our school here is a link to an awesome video that really shows the potential and student empowerment behind the idea. It is a little long but within the first few minutes it really captures the goal behind the makerspace movement.
GO TO GIRLS
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted!” – Aesop
Kindness week is here! February 15-19 West Rowan Middle School will be celebrating National Kindness Week. We will have several activities throughout the week, which you will mainly see during lunch.
On Monday we will roll out our kindness cards, which will help us track kind acts throughout the school. We will try to come by during your first block to hand out the cards and explain how to use them.
On Friday staff and students may wear any shade of pink as pink is the official color of kindness.
You may also see some kids doing RAKs (random acts of kindness) during enrichment throughout the week as we continue to take Rachel’s Challenge to spread the chain reaction of kindness.
Career Day will be April 21st. If you know of someone who would be interested in speaking, please let Mrs. Horton know. We want to get a good variety of people to expose our kids to a range of employment opportunities.
“I have this theory that if one person will go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same.” -Rachel Joy Scott
Monday, Feb 15
- Make up Instructional Day
Tuesday, Feb 16
- 8th Grade Field Trip to Norvell, ‘Taming of the Shrew’
Wednesday, Feb 17
- Digital Learning Day
Thursday, Feb 18
- DE Techbook Training, Math Teachers
- 13 Great Tools for Creating Your Own Maps to Use in Class
- 11 Ideas to Make Grading & Feedback More Kid-Friendly
- A Handy Chart Featuring Some of The Best Tools and Apps for Creating Interactive Timelines
- 12 awesome formative assessment tools